Many financial and legal professionals make tax resolution the focus of their work, and more are making the transition to this specialized field every day. According to the American Society of Tax Problem Solvers (ASTPS), a membership organization for tax resolution specialists, there were over 11 million taxpayer accounts in collections in 2020, with more being added all the time. The ASTPS says that accountants, lawyers, and IRS enrolled agents, who work in tax resolution, enjoy the abundant year-round income, uniquely challenging work, and the joy of working with grateful clients who really need their expert help.
With an investment in dedicated software, tax resolution specialists can easily generate more revenue in fewer hours than their peers. As a financial professional, you know the value of a dollar better than anyone. Your acumen helps you expertly handle your clients’ money. Are you bringing that same level of scrutiny to your own finances? If you’re considering (or already using) PitBullTax to support your tax resolution work, there is a better choice. We invite you to spend a few minutes exploring a side-by-side comparison with us.
How Much Does It Cost?
For any business, it all comes down to the bottom line. A single-user subscription to PitBullTax, including IRS transcript delivery, reporting, case management and billing, will cost you $1,695 annually. Membership in IRS Solutions provides all of these necessary features and more for, one low price…and lower than PitBullTax. Learn more about our plans and pricing.
What Do IRS Solutions and PitBullTax Have in Common?
Competitors want you to know how their product compares to others in the market, and highlight what those competitors lack. PitBullTax’s website has an entire page devoted to its competitors, and while that’s important to those shopping around, it’s not accurate. Unfortunately, in our best efforts to set the record straight, we’ve counted more than 30 errors in their understanding of what IRS Solutions offers. PitBullTax’s misinformation creates a challenge for those trying to seriously weigh their options, so let’s set the record straight.
First, IRS Solutions is not a start-up or “fly-by-night” company (although some of us are night owls). IRS Solutions has been a leading provider of tax resolution software since founded more than 10 years ago. Additionally, while PitBullTax tells prospective clients that we don’t offer many of the same services that they do, it’s just wrong. IRS Solutions includes all of the same features that PitBullTax offers, plus we offer more than they do, and for a lower annual fee than the one would pay them or any of our other competitors:
- Integrated federal tax resolution forms
- Auto-generated supplementary schedules
- Easy and immediate switching between forms 433-A, 433-A (OIC), and 433-F with no additional data entry required
- Integrated delivery and reporting of IRS transcripts
- Daily alerts on important changes in clients’ account transcripts
- Customizable transcript alerts
- Fully customizable transcript reports
- Penalty abatement eligibility calculations
- Bulk transcript and CAF check requests
- Comprehensive step-by-step workflow
- Client portal
- Email client portal invitations
- Scenario simulator
- White labeling
- Case management/CRM
- Email correspondence with clients
- Document management
- Unlimited storage
- API integration
- Enhanced form preview
- Easy-to-use dashboard
- Awesome customer service
What Are Some Differences Between IRS Solutions and Pitbull Tax?
Some of the key differences found between IRS Solutions and PitbullTax come down to four core distinctions:
1. Software Features Included in the Monthly Price
Why should you pay for something you need the most? All of the features you need to successfully run your tax resolution practice are included in your subscription:
- Transcripts: IRS Solutions gives you lightning-fast transcript monitoring through our API. In addition, it will provide you email notifications if there is a change in your client’s transcript included in the cost, including alerting you to possible First Time Abatements, passport issues, and possible audits.
- Scenario Simulator: Know what the IRS is most likely to accept for an Installment Agreement, Offer in Compromise, or if your client may fall into a Currently Not Collectible status.
- Task Management and Invoicing: Know exactly what steps come next with due dates, send an invoice, and receive payments.
- Payment Processing: We have partnered with CPACharge© for credit card processing. They are reputable, industry-known, and have the most reasonable fees we could find.
- State Power of Attorney: As a tax resolution specialist, you routinely engage with the IRS on behalf of your clients. You can’t do that without Power of Attorney forms and these forms differ from state to state. You’ll find over 20 POAs with IRS Solutions, which are available to all members at no additional charge.
- White Labeling: Every report and letter sent to your client has your company logo. Not ours, yours.
Not only does IRS Solutions offer more bang for the buck, we offer unlimited clients, unlimited transcripts, and unlimited solutions. Plus, IRS Solutions is the only software with reports designed to be shared with your clients.
2. Customer Service
We offer a full-service membership program focused on the success of your business. When you become a member you not only gain access to our intuitive software, but gain the knowledge, expertise, and help of experienced partners and a former Revenue Officer. Plus, we like talking to our members and we don’t ask you to open a ticket to do so. If you have questions about the software or a particular case, we are available by email or phone. Our office hours are 6 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, PST.
3. Tools and Support to Drive Your Success
At IRS Solutions, we care about you and the success of your business. We only survive if you thrive. That’s why we offer so many supplementary resources to help you up your professional growth, and assist you with growing your business. This includes:
- Marketing Toolbox to assist you in getting new clients, including social media, letters, brochures, and templates.
- CPE classes that earn you up to 12 units of CPE per year.
- A Facebook members-only group, which is an active community of tax pros and serves as a great resource for learning and sharing with your peers.
- Our Resource Library includes guides on everything from how to price your services, to webinars on use cases. Everything is relevant to your tax resolution business.
4. IRS Solutions Offers a Longer Trial Period
PitBullTax gives potential customers a 7-day trial. We know from taking vacations that one week is not long enough. At IRS Solutions, we want you to get acquainted with our powerful product, but know you also have a life. Our trial license for annual and multi-user subscriptions comes with a 60-day money-back guarantee; giving your team all the time it needs to explore the software and connect with our community of experts. We’re confident that once your 60 days are up, you’re going to want to stick around. Check out Sam’s testimonial below.
We know that each of these differences might not seem like much on its own. But it adds up. Just imagine what else you could do with that time and money…
But Don’t Just Take Our Word For It…
Sam Mabry, Founder/Senior Tax Account of Mabry Tax Advisory Group, is a returning member of IRS Solutions. She started with IRS Solutions, moved to PitbullTax, and is now back with us. Here’s what she had to say:
“IRS Solutions gives the best customer service. Another reason we switched from Pitbull was their payment system. The fees (at IRS Solutions) were cheaper and it is easier to use. We changed from PitBull because we loved how the invoicing/payment CRM was built into the software. I did not have to pay an additional charge for this service. The beauty of having everything in one area was that it was cost-effective. Thank you again IRS Solutions for making the process of resolution easy and manageable.”
Find out why Sam and so many others have chosen IRS Solutions over PitBullTax. Schedule your demo today.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Managing Partner at IRS Solutions | Tax Resolution Specialist| Enthusiastic Community Leader
Suzanne Stone, Managing Partner at IRS Solutions Software, combines 16 years of expertise in tax resolution with a passion for community service. She has been pivotal in developing software solutions that significantly enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of tax professionals. Beyond her corporate achievements, Suzanne is passionately involved in philanthropy, working with organizations like Soroptimist International and Project Delta. Her efforts in these groups are focused on creating meaningful changes in the lives of women and veterans. Suzanne is committed not just to business success but to fostering a supportive professional community.